The frontage of the College onto Turl Street dates from the founder's time, but was refaced in the perpendicular style in the 1850s. At the same time there was extensive restoration and alteration of the chapel and of the south side which had been built early in the seventeeth century in Jacobean-Gothic by Sir Eubule Thelwall.

The chapel was extended eastward in 1636. It has a barrel-vaulted roof, late seventeenth century screen and early seventeenth century pulpit, but is otherwise heavily Victorian.