The College Chapel in its original form dates from 1621. The architectural style was the late Gothic considered suitable at the period for religious edifices. The screen is of the late 17th century; it displays the arms of Sir Leoline Jenkins (Principal 1661-73, d.1685) who is buried in the Chapel; those of Sir Eubule Thelwall (Principal 1621-30) had to be removed to their present position over the door when the previous organ was installed at the turn of the present century. The architect G.E. Street drastically altered the interior in 1864; the chancel arch was widened and new woodwork and floor tiling installed, together with the marble ornamentation at the east end. The stained glass at the east end is slightly earlier (Hedgeland 1856).