A new College fund has been set up from generous alumni donations to provide support for a small number of students who plan to undertake an extended research project (8-10 weeks research placement) over the Summer Vacation. It is expected that up to 4 awards will be made, which will contribute to the cost of living in Oxford over this period. The level of support will be in the region of up to £200 per week of the project, up to a maximum of 10 weeks; an additional contribution of up to £400 may be made to cover the cost of research expenses in the host research group.
- The research project must not be a compulsory part of the degree course;
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate how it will help them to pursue their long term academic goals;
- Applicants must have identified a research supervisor to work with (and a lab or group as appropriate);
- Financial need may be taken into account;
- Students in their final year (i.e. graduating in Summer 2018) are ineligible for this funding;
- Preference may be given to projects undertaken at the University of Oxford but applications for projects at other universities will also be considered. For projects at other universities the host group will not be eligible to receive up to £400 for research expenses.
Successful applicants will be required to submit a short (half to one page) report on their activities following the completion of the project.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome by Friday of 8th Week of Hilary Term or Trinity Term 2018.