After studying philosophy at the University of Pisa and the Sorbonne IV, I completed my PhD in Aesthetics at the University of Pisa. In 2015-2017, I was Marie Curie postdoctoral fellow at the School of Modern Languages and Cultures at the University of Warwick.
French Literature and Philosophy (18th and 19th centuries), French language. Prescribed authors offered include Voltaire, Diderot, Stendhal and Flaubert.
French and European Romanticism
French and European Enlightenment
Eighteenth and ninetieth-century French literature, culture and philosophy, and comparative approaches with modern Italian Studies; Cultural exchanges in modern Europe; History of ideas.
I’m currently completing a monograph that challenges the historical development of ‘distraction’ in its philosophical and literary implication (17th-19th centuries).
Books and Edited books:
- Desiderio e assuefazione. Studio sul pensiero di Leopardi, Pisa: Ets, 2014.
- The Archaeology of the Unconscious, Italian perspectives, edited by A. Aloisi and F. Camilletti with an “Introduction” by A. Aloisi and F. Camilletti, London/New York: Routledge, 2019 (forthcoming).
- Maine de Biran: Of Immediate Apperception, 1807, edited by A. Aloisi, M. Piazza and M. Sinclair, with an ‘Introduction’ by A. Aloisi and M. Piazza, transl. from French by M. Sinclair, London/New York: Bloomsbury, 2019 (forthcoming).
Articles and book chapters:
- ‘Una macchina dal nome infernale in arrivo da un paese romantico’, Intersezioni. Rivista di storia delle idee, n. 2, 2017 (August), 163-83.
- ‘Elogio dell’inopersosità. Agamben e Leopardi’, Italian Studies, vol. 72, Issue 3, 2017, 282- 91.
- ‘La Filosofia’, in Giacomo Leopardi, edited by F. D’Intino and M. Natale, Roma: Carocci, 2018, 101-23.
- ‘The Melancholy of the Revolution, Maine de Biran facing Napoleon's Hundred Days’, in Napoleon's 100 Days and the struggle for legitimacy, edited by K. Astbury and M. Philp, London: Palgrave, 2018, 61-80.
- ‘L’Infinito come condizione di un’esperienza possibile’, in Ten steps. Critical Inquiries on Leopardi, edited by F. Camilletti and P. Cori, Oxford: Peter Lang, 2015, 149-73.
- ‘Memoria e infanzia in Agostino’, Rivista di filosofia, n. 2, 2010 (August), 187-208.
Subject notes for courses taught at Jesus College:
- Classics and Modern Languages
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- History and Modern Languages
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
See also Faculty of Modern Languages website.