All students holding an offer of a place for postgraduate study will be required to provide a financial declaration to their College in advance of the start of their course, to  demonstrate that they are aware of the expected fees and living costs associated with their course. Any student unable to pay their fees and living costs will not normally be permitted to continue their studies.

The financial declaration form with any appropriate supporting documentation, typically in the form of a letter from your bank or building society, or from the awarding body in the case of a studentship, must show that you will be able to meet the course fees and estimated maintenance expenses for the first year of the course. In addition, you will be required to provide assurance that you are able and willing to meet the course fees beyond year 1, if the duration of your course is longer than a year (although no financial evidence is required) and assurance that you are able and willing to meet the living costs for the duration of your course (although no financial evidence is required).

If a grant or loan is expected from parents or other persons, you should include a statement from them, accepting responsibility for meeting the necessary costs. This statement should be accompanied by supporting evidence, from a professional adviser, such as a bank manager, accountant or lawyer, showing that sufficient funds are available and vouching for the ability and willingness to pay of the person giving the undertaking. If a student is self-financing, he or she should arrange for similar statements to be sent.

Students must be aware that if their funding situation changes, they will be personally liable for any outstanding fees to the end of the period of fee liability.

For further information see the University's Financial Declaration page.