International students play an important part in Jesus College life and as a whole, make up around a third of our student population. Around a fifth of our undergraduates are international.
We welcome students from all over the world, and with around 30 nationalities usually represented, the student community here is diverse and lively! But don’t just listen to us. Here’s what some of our international students say:
“Die meisten Studenten sind so froh, dass sie an Jesus College gekommen sind, weil wir hier in einer eng verbundenen Gemeinschaft leben und studieren, was macht es sehr leicht, gute Freunde zu finden.”
Translation: “Most students are really happy that they came to Jesus College because we live and study in such a tight-knit community here, which makes it really easy to find good friends.”
“Jesus College ci si sente a casa. La gente è sempre felice di vederti e un luogo bello ed accogliente in cui vivere.”
Translation: “Jesus College feels like home. People are always happy to see you & it’s a beautiful & welcoming place to live in.”
To help with your move to Oxford, here are some useful tips:
- Remember to open a pounds sterling bank account early – before the start of term if possible.
- Bring a few smart clothes for various dinners and functions throughout the year. Dinners organised by the College will require smart dress such as suits for men.
- Check the University’s Dates of Term but please note that you will need to arrive by 5 pm on the Thursday before the start of term in Hilary (spring) and Trinity (summer) terms. For the Michaelmas (autumn) term, the arrival dates for new students are a few days earlier still – we will let you know the date for your year in your welcome pack, or email the Admissions Officer if you want to know sooner so that you can book the right flights.
Please note, as we are on a small historic site, there is very little storage in College for possessions during the vacations.
- Oxford University information for International Undergraduate Applicants
- Oxford University International Office
- The International Students section of the Jesus College Alternative Prospectus