Jesus College, University of Oxford is aware of the importance of the internet and is endeavouring to make the content of its official website widely accessible. This web accessibility statement relates specifically to the official Jesus College website, with addresses beginning www.jesus.ox.ac.uk. If you have any feedback on this site, or comments to make regarding its accessibility, please email the Webmaster.
- These pages are intended to meet the checkpoints of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) to Level AA standards, as required by the University of Oxford Web Accessibility Policy, and to Level AAA where possible.
- This site complies in so far as possible with the standards for W3C CSS Version 2 and W3C XHTML 1.0 Strict.
- A navigation bar is provided on each page, enabling easy navigation across the site.
- A breadcrumb trail is provided across the site, to show the section and page the user is on within the site.
- Other navigational aids include in-page links on long pages with a large amount of content.
- There are no links that open new windows without warning.
- Content images include descriptive ALT attributes.
- Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- On a few pages, embedded multimedia items such as video and audio clips are used. Where such an item contains information of significance, that information is also available as text.
- To view video clips or listen to audio tracks, Adobe Flash Player must be installed.
- Background and foreground colours have been chosen with a high degree of contrast to maximise visibility.
- Colours are controlled within the style sheet and therefore may be overridden by altering the browser settings.
- This site uses relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified 'text size' option in visual browsers. For example, if using Internet Explorer, the default text size can be made larger under the 'View' menu, by selecting 'Text Size' and then 'Larger' or 'Largest'.